Wednesday, October 21, 2015

A Dinner for Nicky Haslam



I'm feeling miserly because I only gave you two photos for the Blass post, so I thought I would show you another example of a lovely outdoor space, one which was set for a party.

A few weeks ago, I attended a dinner in honor of Nicky Haslam, who was in Atlanta to lecture at ADAC.  Hosted by Dennis Hunt, Hal Ainsworth, Winton Noah, and Pamela Pierce, the dinner took place at the stylish home of designer Suzanne Kasler.  While drinks were enjoyed indoors (mixed at Suzanne's chic built-in alcove bar as well as an outdoor table, above, that was covered in Travers' Casmir in Wedgwood,) the dinner was served under a tent on the back lawn.  The menu was Southern and included fried chicken, brisket, biscuits, macaroni and cheese, green beans, chocolate pie, and peach pie.  No one in this designer crowd was shy about cleaning their plates, including yours truly, who ate not one, but two pieces of pie.  (Just so you know, that's not something I make a habit of.) 

A beautiful setting, gracious hosts, delicious food, excellent company, and Nicky Haslam- those are the ingredients for a magical evening.








Special thanks to Angela Patrick of Ainsworth-Noah for providing me with these photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment