Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Indore Garden Collection by No. 9 Thompson



I am very excited to announce that my book's Atlanta launch party will be held on Tuesday, October 29 from 5:00-7:00 pm at the still-under-construction-but-soon-to-be-open Jim Thompson showroom at ADAC Atlanta, Third Floor Atrium.  I will post more info about the party soon, but in the meantime, mark it on your calendars.  I would love for you to join me in celebrating my new book at my hometown design center.  For more information and to RSVP, please email info@jimthompsonatlanta.com

I'm especially anxious for the new Jim Thompson showroom to open as I want to see the new No. 9 Thompson Indore Garden Collection in person.  I always intrigued by what inspires Richard Smith, Design Director for No. 9 Thompson, and this time, it is his memory of a trip to Udaipur in Rajasthan, India that seasons his designs.  There is the collection's namesake, Indore Garden, which features trailing flowers against a background of a "Jali" screen, and Calicut, which was named for the Indian city in which calico originated.  But my favorite print of the collection has to be Wedding Parade, which you can see above.  Smith was inspired to create this print after seeing an 1850's painting that depicted a wedding celebration.  (I predict that Wedding Parade is going to be a huge hit.)

Take a look below to see a glimpse of the striking new collection.








Wedding Parade










Two colorways of Indore Garden




Ikat Vase












Various colorways of Rambagh Stripe





Calicut










Rag Rug





Painted Paisley

All photos used with express permission of Jim Thompson Fabrics

6 comments:

  1. I am madly in love with Wedding Parade. Elephants, Leopards,and horses, OH MY, all my favorites and in great colors. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holly, that's my favorite too! I just love it.

      Delete
  2. PattyM7:32 PM

    I couldn't agree with you more - Wedding Parade will be a huge hit. All beautiful fabrics in great colors but Wedding Parade is something more. Fun be elegant.

    Good luck with your book signing. You must be on such a high.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patty, Thanks so much! And it seems that quite a few of us are enchanted by Wedding Parade! ;)

      Delete
  3. Dear Jennifer, I am absolutely enthralled by this line! Wedding Parade, how wonderful!
    Congratulations on your new book!

    Xoxo
    Karena
    2013 Designer Series

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a AMAZING post:) your blog Is so beautiful and Im now following on pinterest..hope you follow back.

    Check my blog...with stylish Swedish fireplaces:)

    Have a great Sunday dear

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis - inredning it's, Swedish for decor :)

    ReplyDelete