Monday, October 28, 2013

Alexa Hampton for Hickory Chair


I was in High Point last week to attend Fall Market, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. So much to see!

One collection that especially caught my eye was that by Alexa Hampton for Hickory Chair. I had seen photos of the collection a while back, but at the Hickory Chair showroom in High Point, I saw Alexa's collection in a whole new light. Alexa had decorated her showroom space with snappy prints, velvets, and chintz, mostly in shades of purple and green.  It was just the right combination of prints and color to help wake up these weary eyes, which had seen lots of furniture that day.  But what impressed me even more was the apparent effort and hard work that Alexa had put into her vignettes. 

Walking through these rooms was like taking a pep pill full of energy, inspiration, and pizzazz.









All photos taken by Jennifer Boles for The Peak of Chic

7 comments:

  1. I have always admired Alexa's unique style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the collection and LOVE Alexa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:06 AM

    Love Hickory Chair and love Alexa, great partnership!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love purple or lavender with green + a winner. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I closely watched the instagrams coming through with the tag #hpmkt (my way of being there in spirit), and Alexa Hampton's spaces were by far the most photographed of the market. That says something, especially as most of the people taking the pictures were seeing as much as you saw!

    - Holly

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I'm not mistaken, the white, green and brown chintz on the side chair of No. 6 pic is an old one from Clarence House. Bill Blass had the upholstery in his Connecticut country house covered in this, and I fell in love with it. I covered two sofas in it and loved it for more than 20 years!

    April, Just Verte

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:02 AM

    je découvre et j 'adore!

    ReplyDelete