Monday, October 24, 2011

Château de Groussay





Over the weekend, I came across some old photos of Château de Groussay that I had never seen before. At least, I don't think that I've ever seen them before. It's hard to remember what one has or hasn't seen thanks to the constant barrage of information that we face daily.

These photos were published in the May 15, 1955 issue of Connaissance des Arts. Some are in color, while others were published in black and white- typical for the era. And I'm sure that the article's text is interesting, but my high school level French wasn't very useful in understanding the details of the story. That translation will have to wait until another day. In the meantime, I think that the photos speak for themselves
.





The images above are of the Dutch Salon






These photos show the Louis XIII gallery that leads to the Dutch Salon.

3 comments:

  1. How I wish I could have visited the house as shown furnished by Bestegui. I discovered these photos in the 1960s and they inspired my decoration of my (pre-teen) room in a blue and green scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classicist- I wish that I could have visited it too. I bet it was truly awe-inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blue tile around the windows + loved these images. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete