Friday, August 26, 2011

New Picks from Scalamandre






I made a trip to the Scalamandre showroom at ADAC yesterday to see part of the new Memories of a Voyage to India collection. It's such a pretty collection and includes Shalimar, above, as well as the very tactile Shalimar Dots (see below). The dots almost look little silver studs embedded in the paper. Of course, what started out as a trip to look at two papers turned into a much lengthier visit. I couldn't help but get sidetracked by all of the beautiful papers. See below for what caught my eye. I'm sure you'll recognize a few of them as they're oldies but goodies.

If you need assistance with Scalamandre wallpaper and fabrics, I suggest contacting your local showroom. If you're in the Southeast, you can email
hsawyer@scalamandre.com for more info. Holly and Chandler at the Atlanta showroom are super friendly and helpful too.






Shalimar Dots in Silver on Citron, Silver on Beige, and Silver on Aqua






The pink and red Barley Stripe paper reminded me of that used by Ronald Grimaldi in his entryway (click here to visit that post.) It would look especially chic if lacquered, just as Grimaldi did with his striped paper.






You might recall that I wrote about sweet floral prints a few months back. I love this paper (Jour de Juin in Pastels on White; forgive the dark photos); for some reason, it looks very Deeda Blair to me.







I adore Venetian Carnival. Despite its appearance in my terrible photo, the background is a true pink. I think it would be perfect in a powder room or vestibule in a 1930s house. Of course, it would look just as smashing in a non-1930s house as well.

4 comments:

  1. Love that Shalimar in blue/white. So pretty. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually like something in all of them. The dots look 3 D. I am a sucker for Scalamandre.

    I bought the Mark Hampton book you suggested and brought it on vacation with me. You are right, it is a great book. I have already read the book cover to cover and have gone through the pictures maybe four times already. I love it!

    Have a great weekend.
    Carey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scalamandre´is timeless! Beautiful ighlights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carey- I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the Mark Hampton book. It's such a joy to read!

    ReplyDelete