Monday, February 07, 2011

Jim Thompson's Animal Menagerie





After a wild and woolly week, I needed something to put a smile on my face. Thanks to Jim Thompson, I found it. The fabric company enlisted Douglas Little to create fanciful windows for its Paris showroom. Using fabric from Jim Thompson's newest collections- The Rite of Spring, Curtain Calls, Opus, and Tony Duquette for Jim Thompson: Part II- Little conjured up exotic animals that appear to be making mischief. The damask lioness (don't you love her nailhead trim?) has made a mess of a down-filled pillow, while the colorful monkeys seem to be flitting around and are probably up to no good. Oh, and you know what? I really like the fabric too.














All images courtesy of Jim Thompson.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmmm--the lioness fabric appears to be Fortuny inspired. I do want that monkey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know a few window dressers who turned into great designers. Perhaps that is because they have so much less to work with than a designer in terms of space. But the need for immediate impact makes them very clever. What a fabulous example!

    Cheers,

    Claudia

    ReplyDelete