Monday, November 10, 2008

A Very Chic Party




I'm sorry that I won't be able to visit the Veranda show house at Greystone Mansion in Beverly Hills because it sounds pretty incredible. I'm even more disappointed that I didn't attend the opening night party because I hear that was quite an event!

Nathan Turner (whose career is on fire right now- see below) chaired the opening night party with Mary McDonald and Ann Getty and was kind enough to forward these photos to me. Nathan and Mary worked with the theme "Chinoiserie au Jardin", and just look what they came up with. I know that I got a few ideas for my next party from these images, but unfortunately I'll have to do it on a smaller scale- on my 8th floor balcony!

The show house runs through November 16. In addition to Nathan and Mary, the roster of design talent includes Suzanne Rheinstein, Windsor Smith, Peter Dunham, Tim Clarke, Ames Ingham, Kathryn Ireland, and many others. For more information, visit the
website.

(Not only does Nathan have a
wonderful store in Los Angeles, but he also just finished his second collection for Elite Leather. I don't know how he does it all and still manages to look so young!)






Image at top: Nathan Turner, Ann Getty, and Mary McDonald

11 comments:

  1. Look at those trees and the green-and-white. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know- it's so pretty! I want to throw a party like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In a word, incredible!

    Enjoyed seeing these pictures, what a perfect venue for a party, and isn't the water color of the mansion on the website lovely? The lecture series sounds like something that would be well worth attending, too. Wish I could go!

    Have enjoyed reading December's VERANDA. There is the world's most beautiful Christmas tree in Richard Keith Langham's NYC studio. And I thought of your blog because there's a great article on Tiffany designs... Schlumberger's pieces in force. Of course, the Charoltte Moss designed NYC pad is phenomenal, and I enjoyed the article on Charles Faudree among other things. I even liked the nod to plaid in the Williams Sonoma Home ad, the plaid reminding me so much of Keith Irvine, probably the person I'd most like to meet on earth.

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheila- Langham's tree is amazing! I also like the Mary McDonald article too. (I'd also like to meet Keith Irvine!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to check again, Jennifer. I definitely want to read the Mary McDonald article. Thanks for the heads-up. How on earth could I have missed it? Probably because I was so dazzled by the Christmas tree of my dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  6. is this the house from the movie "Harold and Maude"?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE that party-- it's so Mary McDonald. When I was in LA I went to this store called Seaton that she designed. It has a similar vibe. Does anyone have pictures of it? I've never seen it published...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Love the green with the white. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was fortunate to be able to go to the Show house and see the work of all of these amazing designers in person.
    I actually did a post on Windsor Smith's bedroom. It was inspirational.

    xo
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete