Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Paisley with some Punch




Here's an early Valentine's present: red and white paisley. I'm seeing it everywhere, and it's not hard to understand why. When rendered in red and white, paisley becomes clean, crisp, and graphic. Alessandra Branca has used it in her office (above), and it's the perfect backdrop for black and solid red accessories. And designer Kim Zimmerman used only red and white prints (including a paisley) from Les Indiennes in this Atlanta living room below. Bottom line- it's a great way to add some zip to one's room.



Design by Kim Zimmerman (photo from Cottage Living, Jan/Feb 08; photographer Jeremy Samuelson)


"Paisley Linen" in Brick, Suzanne Rheinstein for Lee Jofa


Paisley Print from Les Indiennes


"Paisley Park" in Garnet from Lewis and Sheron


"Spiral- Lipstick & White" from Buy Fabric


Image at top from Traditional Home, Dec 07.

14 comments:

  1. I love paisley. It's such a classic. I posted a photo of the paisley-covered eiderdown I have and it's got so many colours in it. There's also a pink/red paisley one I saw, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer - I missed you! Love paisley - and this red and white looks so fresh. I'm itching to use something from the Rheinstein collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An all-time fave. It was great to see more work from Kim Z :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's a fun and spunky take on paisley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bulletin board in Alessandra Branca's office. Happy 2008 to you Peak!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. J: I missed you!! I'm so glad you're back and posting. The red and white paisley is so fresh - great to start a new year with.

    I agree with Patricia - that bulletin board is to die for. A. Branca is one of my all time favorites. I'm hoping for a book of hers for next Christmas. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joni- Wouldn't that be great? A book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's something so soul satisfying about paisley, and done in red and white, it's heart satisfying, too. The bold red and white from Les Indiennes makes my head spin with happiness. Wow!
    Thanks for the early valentine, nice to have you back and wishing you all the best in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fresh and beautiful!!
    XO
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a great fan of red and white - lovely post! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that red and white patterns are fresh on the scene. Alessandra Branca's office is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous7:46 PM

    I love the paisley-ish room, but frankly, Carolina Irving's apartment (featured in Vogue and also The World of Interiors recently) does it so, so, so much better. That woman is genius.

    ReplyDelete
  13. djellabah- I think that Irving has a lot of fans, and it's well deserved!

    ReplyDelete