Friday, April 20, 2007

Artesian Bar London



I think I've found my new dream bar, and it's absolutely stunning. The Artesian Bar, located in the Langham Hotel in London, is a throw back to the glamorous, and sometimes louche, cocktail era of the 1920s and 30s. David Collins, the London-based architect and designer, has created an oasis of theatrical sophistication that is dominated by a fabulous Chinese Chippendale bar and pagoda chandeliers. Needless to say, if there is a Chinoiserie or Orientalist theme to a room, then I'm taken with it. I also think the purple accents- the upholstered furniture, the rugs- look quite right here, and I'm usually not a fan of purple. And the muted color scheme, coupled with the soft lighting, creates a decadent environment in which to imbibe. Cheers!








12 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the extra images. So far I'd only seen one view. Needless to say, I LOVE this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Style Court- I love this too! Wish we had something like it here in Atlanta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sending my pal Kathleen to investigate their decor and their cocktail selection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fairfax- Please do and report back! I'd love a first hand report!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very you Jennifer!! Love the pagoda style cabinetry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is a cool looking bar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A.- I couldn't agree more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wish we could all meet up for a drink or four. Wouldn't that be a great time?

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a beautiful space! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8:14 PM

    Any idea who made all the mirrors

    ReplyDelete