Friday, February 02, 2007

Sister Parish Chic

Sister Parish's style lives on in a line of fabric and wallpaper by Sister Parish Design. Owned by Susan Bartlett Crater (Parish's granddaughter) and Libby Cameron, the company has created prints that were designed and inspired by the legendary doyenne of decorating. Sister loved pattern and was known for being able to mix numerous prints in one room with smashing results. I think these prints still look fresh today!


"Burma"

"Chou Chou"


"Desmond"

"Flora"

"Tucker"

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:45 PM

    I LOVE Chou Chou and Desmond -- think the designs compliment each other very well. I would so love a pillow in Desmond -- just might have to look for that fabric! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a pillow in Burma, in brown :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love! Great reds and browns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Louise, I love them all! But Desmond is a great print!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Style Court- I bet that pillow is smashing! A lot of these prints make me think of Lulu DK.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comment Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Burma and Tucker in both red and brown, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just finished re-reading Sister's biography by her daughter and granddaughter. It made me long for that sense of place in society that existed during a given era. She was such a hard-working woman, tough as beans, but loyal, blessed with a natural gift for decorating. Sister credited so much back to her own mother's innate sense of creating and keeping a home. To say I was inspired to do better is an understatement.

    I found your blog via a link provided by Style Court. I will be checking in regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Washington Cube- Such an insightful comment! It certainly was a different time, was it not? She was quite a force of nature. Look forward to seeing your comments!

    ReplyDelete