Monday, February 05, 2007

Anthropologie- Design for the Masses?

It appears that Anthropologie is now selling furniture upholstered in fabric by lines such as Marimekko, Josef Frank, and House of KWID. While I'm not necessarily crazy about the design of some of the sofas and chairs, I think it's interesting to see fabric that is usually available to the trade only being used by a retail chain.


Wingback chair in House of KWID "Couture Stripe" fabric

Wingback chair in Josef Frank fabric


Chesterfield sofa with Marimekko fabric

Sofa in fabric by Missoni Home

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:59 PM

    I like the fabric on the wing chair the best and love the last photo of the French settee; suppose each could look stunning in a room with all the elements needed to pull it together. I particularly enjoy juxtaposition with old style, contemporary fabrics so these could all be wonderful if executed by a pro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louise- Good point. Contemporary fabrics can look so great on older pieces- makes them look current.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Years ago, a friend of ours had her granny's victorian sofa recovered in an amazing hawaiian print. It looked FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the black and white sofa the best oh and the fabric on the wing chair!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the wingback chair in Josef Frank fabric! Such a fun and great print!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote for the black and white one too. Just perfect for a glam black and white bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:29 AM

    Am I the only one who thinks the Missoni one is awful? I'm a huge Missoni fan, but this one just does not do it for me at all. Not to be Nelly Negative or anything, it just really baffles me.

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Becky- You're not being negative, and I understand your opinion. It's a little too much for me, but my look is a little understated. If you put that in a room, I think it might overwhelm everything else.

    ReplyDelete