Wednesday, December 20, 2006

2007 Book Releases

As we are approaching the New Year, I thought I would share some upcoming book releases that I am looking forward to (and that I've added to my Amazon wish list!). I guess I need to start saving my pennies!

Jansen Furniture by James Archer Abbott. This Acanthus Press publication is a follow up to this year's release Jansen. From what I've read, it is supposed to be a comprehensive look at the furniture that was designed by this venerable firm. Set to be released in Spring 2007.

The L.A. House by Ruthie Sommers. I am eagerly anticipating this one. I have been a fan of Sommers for sometime, and I am hopeful that this book will include a lot of photos of her work. March 2007. Wish I could find out more information on this one.


Jeremiah: A Romantic Vision. This was supposed to be released at the end of 2006, but now it looks like it will be early 2007. The definitive work about painter Jeremiah Goodman, best known for his paintings of interiors. See my post from a few weeks ago.










The Decoration of Houses byEdith Wharton and Ogden Codman. Although this is obviously a reprint of this 1897 work, it is still the "must-have" work for all design libraries. I don't yet own a copy, so I'll be sure to purchase this edition. Spring 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment