Monday, October 09, 2006

Sensational Entertaining

I never stop dreaming about throwing the perfect party. My favorite part of entertaining is planning the tablesetting. I don't think that my efforts could compete, however, with those of Los Angeles based decorator Mary McDonald.

In the December 05 issue of Town & Country, there was a spectacular spread of McDonald's festive Christmas party. Her tablesettings are absolutely stunning. The combination of the silver platters and trays, the dark wood table, and the touches of green (in the apples and the candles) creates a traditional and sophisticated setting. In my mind, there is no such thing as too much silver!



I especially like the dessert table. Once again, beautiful silver and porcelain decorate the table, which only enhances the yummy berry tarts and the croquembouche. I just wonder how McDonald will be able to top this at her next party!



No comments:

Post a Comment